Up at 5 am on a Sunday to try and beat the heat and get the final push done on the spare room (also known as the "Starwar's Suite" originally then renamed to the "cavern of despair" by Mr H). The weathermen are predicting a high of 41C (105F) today and 21C(68F) tomorrow, but of course we have to work tomorrow, don't we.
The stuff we've finished:
- Window repaired (wood cancer in frame, but not extensive). I use we in the royal sense as Mr H did most of the hard graft & I as always either wielded a paint brush or provided nourishing cups of tea while Mr H provided the hard labour.
- Starwars wallpaper stripped.
- Walls primed and painted. 7 million holes in the walls patched prior to painting.
- Ceiling fan installed.
- Floor sanded, sealed and waxed.
- New door fitted, painted and hung.
- Windows painted (and scraped where the painter (me) got a bit sloppy.
- Architrave painted.
Still to do:
- Fit door hardware.
- Final clean of windows.
- Fix fly screens (someone was scrubbing them yesterday and they disintegrated) and paint.
- Hang blinds.
- Hang flyscreens.
- Adjust furniture height.
- Put room back together.
- Make shelves (this is tentative).
We are quite possibly being very ambitious in thinking we can do everything today, however as we have company arriving on Thursday evening we don't have much choice.
Photographic evidence contingent on the weather because if it's too damn hot I'm not going into the study to upload photos. Instead I will languish underneath the air conditioner and drink frosty adult beverages.